Event error 1202, Security policies were propagated with warning. 0x4b8
Jim
2004-08-31 19:01:27 UTC
I have scoured the internet for a solution to:

Security policies were propagated with warning. 0x4b8 : An extended
error has occurred.

This is showing up in the app log every 7 to 8 minutes. The server is
2003 Std and is a domain controller. I am using gpupdate /force to
update the policy through RDP on the local box- the problem is when I
update the policy manually it breaks user folder permissions on my web
servers which breaks my app.

This is what I do know: It is a GPO conflict of some kind; I have
SceCli Debugging enabled; the winlogon.log shows a ton of stuff but I
can't figure out where the answer is in that log file...; this is not
a basicdc.inf problem because the %DSDIT%, %DSLOG% directories do not
exist (and the basicdc security template is not applied). I did add
the %SYSVOL% variable to the environment.

Does anyone know exactly what kind of error to look for in the
winlogon.log file because I have many. TIA,

Jim
Jerold Schulman
2004-09-01 13:47:48 UTC
Post by Jim
[...]